Stranger Things WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WildZoo

Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Chapter One
Hawkins, Indiana

7a15f768e55e33a9e88263d4701d6a1e.gif

The skies darkened over the small town. Just another thunderstorm, the residents thought, as electricity began to crackle in the clouds. Somewhere far underground, a man raced down a dimly lit hallway, eyes wide and sweat dripping from his brow. A high pitched, metallic growl echoed with his footsteps.

-------

Four boys in their early teens ended their Dungeons & Dragons session and went their separate ways. They had encountered a fearsome enemy and were still riding the adrenaline high. They did not notice the ominous skies. And they did not consider what waited for them in the dark.

47d0feecab1d0ce3f2af17a4d8da1244.gif

-------

The man reached a locked door at the end of the long hallway. He slammed his access card against the keypad. Moments ticked by as the pad scanned the card. He glanced behind him. His screams were cut short, ending in a wet gurgle.

It is now Day 1. Deadline is 9pm EST TOMORROW (Thursday, 7/2/20). Please let us know if you would like for day close time to be adjusted. Nights will generally close as soon as we have all actions, or at 9am.

Hawkins, Indiana

@Animal Midwife
@sheltermed
@SnowshoeDog143
@allieh8607
@genny
@BigCats
@Sunbodi
@PippyPony
@Sunshine in a Storm
@WonderingStudent
@MOOSEygoosey
@itsrocky
@alissa14

The Upside Down
@SportPonies
@capri1722
@Kota1000
@muttmanager

Subs:
@Lawper
@CoffeeQuestionMark

Tots:
@Melchizedek
@Doggo Labs
@jenjen2020

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Rules and Gameplay

1. The story of this game will loosely follow the events of season 1 and 2 of Stranger Things. Writeups may or may not reflect actual game events.

2. Role reveals are not likely to help you and may be actively harmful. Proceed at your own risk.

3. A reminder of the participation rules: 5 posts per cycle (i.e. 5 posts minimum totaled across day 1 and night 1, day 2 and night 2, etc). Day vote and night action submission daily. Night actions are compulsory unless otherwise stated. Missing one of these requirements will earn you a warning. There will be no second warning.

4. You may each choose ONE other player to open a PM with. Please SUBMIT the name of the player you would like to PM, and you will be told whether or not you can open the PM. Please include the mods when opening PMs.

5. Please do not direct quote or copy/paste anything from mod PMs. Player PMs are fair game.

6. You may edit posts but please do not edit votes. Remember to unvote. Remember to format your votes correctly, either bolded or #########surrounded by numerous octothorpes#########

7. If you have questions please direct them to the mods in your role PM. Questions will likely not be answered on thread.

8. If you require a sub, please contact the mods directly, and do not discuss it on the thread.

9. I reserve the right to add rules here whenever I feel like it. I will direct you to any new additions.

**PM Clarification**
Since there have been numerous questions regarding PMing:
You submit your chosen player, whenever you like. You will then be told whether or not you are allowed to PM that player. If no, you can try again next cycle. If yes, open the PM and include mods. Some circumstances may cause the PM to be closed, at which point you will be told by the mods to pick another partner. Clear as mud?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I have a question. What is an octothorpe?

Reactions: 1 user
Since there have been numerous questions regarding PMing:
You submit your chosen player, whenever you like. You will then be told whether or not you are allowed to PM that player. If no, you can try again next cycle. If yes, open the PM and include mods. Some circumstances may cause the PM to be closed, at which point you will be told by the mods to pick another partner. Clear as mud?

Hi friends!!!! Very excited to play again!! I see there are a few folks I don't think I've played with before so I'm excited to get to know everyone! Gonna start off with a

vote genny :kiss:

Because she's a strong player and all that jazz :p

• Haha
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi friends!!!! Very excited to play again!! I see there are a few folks I don't think I've played with before so I'm excited to get to know everyone! Gonna start off with a

A little surprised you're using the bolded as reasoning after the discourse about this last game.

Anyways. Should probably stay on topic oops. I’m gonna lazily vote koda I thinks.

A little surprised you're using the bolded as reasoning after the discourse about this last game.
Oh sorry, did the sarcasm not come through well enough? I'll add in a few more emojis next time :p :p :p

• Wow
Finished season 2 yesterday! Glad to be able to finally actually know the backing material for one of these games.

@PippyPony lol are you going to put your posts from signups to the actually game thread :laugh:

• Love
  • Hmm
Reactions: 3 users

If I recall, you were the wolf that carried that game, so.... go vote yourself? :p

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
vote allieh

because she's one of the players I haven't played with before (also she hasn't shown up yet) and maybe some pressure will make her appear so we can hear from her. :p

vote allieh

because she's one of the players I haven't played with before (also she hasn't shown up yet) and maybe some pressure will make her appear so we can hear from her. :p
>imagine pressuring someone to show less than an hour into a 22 hour cycle

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
If I recall, you were the wolf that carried that game, so.... go vote yourself? :p
Awww, I got called out for the LIS rule the last time I did that!

So no more game themed avatars o_O cool cool

• Love

Why vote a strong player out this early. If a genny vote picked up traction would you stay on her vote?

Why vote a strong player out this early. If a genny vote picked up traction would you stay on her vote?
I was making a joke about last game, where @MOOSEygoosey used similar justification for her D1 vote for genny and caught a lot of flack for it even though genny actually was one of the wolves. Not planning on sticking with it unless she starts howling on thread- I just like to put a vote out on the table while I wait for folks to check in.

vote allieh

Wow when you posted this the game had began precisely 51 minutes ago. This may be the fastest anyone has ever "pressured" me :yeahright:

• Haha

Oh sorry, did the sarcasm not come through well enough? I'll add in a few more emojis next time :p :p :p
I was making a joke about last game, where @MOOSEygoosey used similar justification for her D1 vote for genny and caught a lot of flack for it even though genny actually was one of the wolves. Not planning on sticking with it unless she starts howling on thread- I just like to put a vote out on the table while I wait for folks to check in.
Hmm not liking this vote, or the explanations when there was push back really. Strong player does not have to mean dangerous player. We typically like to keep Genny around a little bit

Ah so we’re doing this again?

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Hmm not liking this vote, or the explanations when there was push back really. Strong player does not have to mean dangerous player. We typically like to keep Genny around a little bit

I agree with this! I know BC was just making a joke, but I disagree with the reasoning. I also dislike that people are voting based off previous games, but it is only D1.

Here’s hoping work isn’t busy and I actually get a lunch and time to check in and respond to stuff.

Anyways. Should probably stay on topic oops. I’m gonna lazily vote koda I thinks.

How come? Don’t really like the context around this, not so much that your voting me since it’s still early, but “lazily” is giving me sketch vibes.

If not koda, then who would you vote?
How come? Don’t really like the context around this, not so much that your voting me since it’s still early, but “lazily” is giving me sketch vibes.

I totes get where you’re coming from. only did it to have a vote in there in case I had a crazy day at work today and couldn’t log in. Happens all the time. Better than bandwagoning to me on the first day. Ima watch the thread and it’s gonna change I’m sure. Just waiting on everyone to talk.

Read over everything a couple of times and I think I’m gonna

unvote kota
and
vote bigcats

strategy thinly veiled behind an /s still carries weight tbh

Unvote pippy
Vote sunshine

I didnt realized someone else was also voting for pippy