Strength of academic schedule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pwny__express

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My apologies if this has been addressed before, I ran a search and didn't find anything helpful. I will have completed all of my veterinary pre-reqs at the end of this semester, applying over the summer for fall of 2017. I will have 4 courses left over to finish my undergraduate biology degree. I am planning on taking 3 of them over the summer, and the last one by itself next fall. My question is, will vet school admissions knock me for having a weak schedule for my last two semesters? I have had what I would consider to be challenging course loads up until now, and I think I have done reasonably well with them.

I am hoping to be able to go back to work full time and save some money, as well as avoid tuition for otherwise unnecessary courses.

Thanks for any input!
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Doubt it would matter. My senior year spring semester had a measly 12 credits. So long as you do take all the prereqs and can prove you can handle academically rigorous schedules from previous semesters or whenever I'd think you'd be fine. But of course that is just my opinion.