Stress Interview at GW?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tofutti27

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else had a stress interview at GW? I had a classic one today, but it took me off guard b/c all the interview feedback indicates their interviews are laid back and stress free....

Members don't see this ad.

How was it stressful? Perhaps it went better than you think it did - a lot of students, including myself, get that post-interview paranoia.

Good luck!

Not tremondously stressful but my interviewer was more concerned with how many acceptances I had than in my interest in GWU. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
If it were any more laid back, they would have made me a cup of tea for the interview.

LOl- I am interviewing there 1/8 and am very nervous. It is my 1st interview and I don't know what to think now.

I don't think mine was meant to be stressful, but I was VERY stressed when my interviewer was late, answered his cell during our interview and talked to a relative, and was more concerned with my numbers (during a blind interview...) and my other interviews than with anything else I had done. I think it lasted all of about 10 minutes? He declared I was a perfect fit with absolutely no information about me and called it a day...why am I not surprised that I was waitlisted...I don't think he could have answered a single question on the form interviewers turned in...I liked the school in terms of my fit, but I wasn't all that impressed with the interview experience...

:mad:

I don't think mine was meant to be stressful, but I was VERY stressed when my interviewer was late, answered his cell during our interview and talked to a relative, and was more concerned with my numbers (during a blind interview...) and my other interviews than with anything else I had done. I think it lasted all of about 10 minutes? He declared I was a perfect fit with absolutely no information about me and called it a day...why am I not surprised that I was waitlisted...I don't think he could have answered a single question on the form interviewers turned in...I liked the school in terms of my fit, but I wasn't all that impressed with the interview experience...

:mad:

How exactly was it stressful? And why were you stressed?

How exactly was it stressful? And why were you stressed?

Well, I was quite nervous and it did not help that he was late...I was really unsure of how to react when he answered his cell phone and had an argument with whoever was on the other end for a couple of minutes...he was abrasive, basically cutting me off every time I tried to get a word in since the only thing he was interested in were my grades (they are not my strongest point, but I am comfortable discussing them, however, it was a closed file interview, so they should never have been brought up)...I guess I just wasn't prepared for that kind of interview at GW since everything I had heard indicated I would have a very laid back interview...so I was very surprised. And I was REALLY stressed after he just stood up and declared the interview over after about 10 minutes...

Ouch. Sorry chicken. That's no fun. I guess it really is variable. Both of my interviews were given by fluffy bunnies. Ooops, did I say that? I meant that they were sweethearts! :) I guess unfortunately it's just the luck of the draw, as with the rest of this cursed process. I got lucky with GW, but I got a dual-interview "good cop, bad cop" routine that threw me off at UVM. I really do believe that once you get to the interview, a lot of the outcome depends on who you get for your interview, and how you mesh. Anyway, good luck for those who haven't interviewed yet, and to those waiting on a decision as well. :luck:

the only thing he was interested in were my grades (they are not my strongest point, but I am comfortable discussing them, however, it was a closed file interview, so they should never have been brought up)

Grades can be brought up during a closed file interview.