Stroger Hospital of Cook County

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted554740

Hey everyone. I was curious if any medical students have done a urology rotation at Cook County in Chicago. I'm interested in their DO urology program. Any advice about what they look for in an applicant, how important a Sub-I would be at that place, etc would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Fellow DO-uro applicant here. From what I've been told they look for boards, and a strong showing on Sub-I; however, was told specifically they WILL interview you without having rotated there.

have u rotated there? When I was at county, there wasn't much responsibility given to students since residents ran everything so I'm not so sure what you mean by strong showing. Any cut offs for boards?

Boards cut-offs, I'm not sure for Cook County specifically. I have been told Einstein looks for 90th percentile or above.

Strong showing just means be early, stay late, and fight to get in on as many cases as possible