Struggling with Top-Front-End

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Savanah

Reaction score
I can't wrap my head around the Top-Front-End section. I keep struggling and score 5/15 on a good day. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I recommend aligning the shapes with each other i.e top and front views align vertically and front and end views align horizontally and top and end view align at a rotation of 90 degrees. Then match them analyzing the lines, anytime there is a line there has to be a change in the other image as well. i.e. end view has 2 lines of height change, thus your front view better have 2 lines of height as well.
The booster video playlist helped as well as this video (which basically says the samething as Shahed said in booster in one of his videos but it's nice reinforcement)

Hey guys,

this section is a difficult one, to say the least. What I recommend you to do is answer a few (~5) TFE questions without time constraints. I don't want you to worry about time at all! In fact, I want you to take as much time as you need. The only thing you should be focused on is scoring 100%. This will shed some light on what needs improvement, whether it be your analysis technique or your speed.

Because if you are able to score 100% with no time-constraints, it means that you simply need to become more efficient at the TFE. And there are solutions to this. At the end of the day, the PAT is a challenging exam solely due to the time constraints. If we were allocated a couple of hours to complete the PAT, everyone would do extremely well. And so, time management is the name of the game. If you are able to score 100% just by spending more time on the TFE, then the solution is clear:

Blaze through the easy sections, and save time for the harder ones.

So in reality, the solution may not be to get better at the TFE, but rather, to get better at some of the easier sections. This is what I tell students ALL the time and I am sharing it with you guys here as well.

Play to your strengths, not to your weaknesses.

Reactions: 3 users