Stuck at 2nd pass of UW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tootheye

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am done with UW with 58% in 1st pass. I used it more as a learning tool on focussed untimed/tutor mode. I did FA about 2 passes and annotated UW. I am confused as to how and where to start the 2nd UW pass. I am finding it really hard to get weaned out of this comfort zone of untimed focussed pattern which is farthest to reality. My plan is to limit to FA and UW only. Can any one give suggestions to help me out of this queer situation!

How to go about UW qns in 2nd pass. How to correlate FA.

Members don't see this ad.

try doing your wrong qs in timed random mode. this is how I'm reviewing my UW wrong qs, also did it first in timed tutor mode. Then will do kaplan, after that uw again, this time all random and timed.

Is there a maximum number of blocks you can do on uworld? I am almost done with first pass of u world, and I was going to do 7 blocks a day for the next 3 weeks that way i can get 3 more passes in. I have a hard time memorizing so 2 runs isn't enough..

Thanks jfgavina, MKMD86.

It was helpful. I plan to do 2 more rounds of UW. 200 qns a day. (I must see if I want to do it from my previous tests wrong answers or from main menu wrong answers randomly).The repeat rounds I hope will be less stressful as annotating time is saved. It might be more reassuring as an annotated FA from UW is always at hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a maximum number of blocks you can do on uworld? I am almost done with first pass of u world, and I was going to do 7 blocks a day for the next 3 weeks that way i can get 3 more passes in. I have a hard time memorizing so 2 runs isn't enough..
Are you planning on reviewing the qs everyday too? 7 blocks and review is a lot for a day. Have you been annotating to FA?

Also i'm doing a 2nd pass right now (just incorrects 46 timed) and I'm already getting 85s+ (on the hard questions) just because I remember the answers even if I didn't really learn or remember the concept. idk if a 3rd or 4th pass would be helpful by then it'll just be instant recall

Are you planning on reviewing the qs everyday too? 7 blocks and review is a lot for a day. Have you been annotating to FA?

Also i'm doing a 2nd pass right now (just incorrects 46 timed) and I'm already getting 85s+ (on the hard questions) just because I remember the answers even if I didn't really learn or remember the concept. idk if a 3rd or 4th pass would be helpful by then it'll just be instant recall

I annotated some of it directly, and wrote some separate notes. I plan on doing the second run in tutor mode and reading the explanations right there. it takes about 45 min to do the block and read the explanations. I plan on taking minor notes on just the stuff I don't know. And the rest of the day I will just read FA cover to cover and hopefully can get at least 2 reads in these next 3 weeks. I dislike staring at first aid all day and I don't want to make dumb mistakes during the test on stuff I know and annotated but forgot how to apply it in a question. I plan on using NBMEs to gauge where I stand and not pay attention the UW%, just trying to learn from it and build endurance.

Totally agree MKMD86.
I would rather use UW as a learning tool and would like to do it a bit differently in my second round- review the incorrects from my previous tests instead of testing myself in what I just did and learned from mistakes. This will be a biassed assessment. Repeated reading of UW is more about the material covered in answers that we weren't sure about earlier.
Getting into specifics -For a quicker run, I plan to review incorrects reading educational objective and other answer choices for all and concept thats given at the beginning - for weaker ones.
Reviewing incorrects takes longer than corrects so got to be realistic as to how many one can cover in a day.
Yes it can get boring passively reading FA what if annotated when you cant recall at the right time! Reading a different subject in FA might break the monotony while reviewing UW.
Thanks guys for your inputs. Things appear a bit better now.

What scores are you getting during your 2nd run of UW?

My second pass is at 85% done and i'm getting an average correct of 91%. I really dont know how to interpret this score =/

What scores are you getting during your 2nd run of UW?

My second pass is at 85% done and i'm getting an average correct of 91%. I really dont know how to interpret this score =/

Do you expect us to tell you it's bad? WTF

I don't think I'll be able to get more than 75% on my second run on incorrects... There are A LOT of questions LOL and I don't probably remember the first ones I answered one month ago.

200 qs a day? ritalin? LOL