Stuck on secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTHealth007

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So basically I purchased the MSAR before applying to schools and made sure the ones I applied to accepted OOS (40% or higher) and matched my stats. After getting the secondary from UNDSMHS (University of North Dakota Health Science Center), I found out that the OOS were mainly states near ND such as Wyoming, Montana and Native Americans from other states. When I called them today, the admission lady stated that applicants have generally been accepted from North Dakota and the rest the following states that I mentioned. I wish I knew this earlier as a Texas resident but I am confronted with not doing the secondary. I got a headache just going through the questions since, for example how I have ties to North Dakota or the Native American community? Is anyone accepted to UNDSMHS that is an OOS from the south coast or who applied? Plus the fee is $50 so I don't want to waste money if I have no chance with no ties to ND and with average matriculate stats.

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully you did not also apply to The University of Washington.

Members don't see this ad :)
It seems like the school answered your question when you called them... you just don't seem to want to accept it.
It's not a matter of accepting or not accepting, I just wanted a confirmation. Heck, its one less secondary I have to do and more time with my significant other after studying for and taking MCAT the last few months!

No I did not, just George Washington University of HSC, why?
Because the University of Washington is much like ND. It may look OOS friendly on the surface, but those OOS acceptances are only for WWAMI states (neighboring NW states with no medical schools).

For what it's worth.. DC schools have some of the highest OOS matriculation rates, but that's misleading because not many applicants are out of the District of Columbia.

If you have no ties to the area, I would just call it a 35 dollar donation and move on.

Reactions: 1 users