student loans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bullmood

Membership Revoked
Removed
Reaction score
What happens when you have 200k loan and you fail your finally exams of getting a license to practice in US.. is there any chance to do the exams again and again ?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't think any international student would fail the license exam again and again . Everyone works hard in school for 2-3 years and gets well prepared.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think any international student would fail the license exam again and again . Everyone works hard in school for 2-3 years and gets well prepared.
and one more question... initially I have to do the nbde exams and get the scores and then choose in which dental school to apply OR first I have to choose the school in which want to apply and then do the nbde exams ?

Members don't see this ad :)
Its a process. Go to ADEA CAAPID website, check the directory. You'll see all the schools that have programs for international dentists. Check their requirements. Its different for all schools. Give NBDE 1 for sure, TOEFL. Do ECE evaluation of your transcripts, get recommendation letters, prepare a personal statements and then you'll be all set to apply.

Reactions: 1 user
What happens when you have 200k loan and you fail your finally exams of getting a license to practice in US.. is there any chance to do the exams again and again ?
You can take NBDE exams 3 times and then take a year break. You can retake other licensing exams, but it would be a costly affair. Each time could cost you up to 10K
In case you fail everything and can't practice you or your cosigner still have to repay the loan in full