Student Parking- need your comments!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kapMD/PhD

T-1 yr
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm conducting a survey for my school regarding parking for medical school from across the country - please click the link to help me out.
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=pJiG_2f60Se_2fTUJHoYAUelGQ_3d_3d
It will take less than 5 minutes of your time.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't taken the time to do your survey, but the thread made me smile. Let me give you the short version of what I know - just about every allopathic medical school that I know of has been around for a long time. The campus is located in a bad part of town in order to be close to the neighborhoods where uninsured patients who use the medical school live - therefore your car is prone to vandalism if you park near campus - and even sometimes when you're on-campus.

The school outgrew its land area years ago and everything, especially parking, is cramped. As a student, you are at the absolute bottom of the totem pole and you have to park miles from anywhere you actually have to go. In spite of that, you have to pay a small fortune each semester in order to have the privelege of parking in a university-owned cow pasture.

Sound familiar? Everyone is in the same boat. You can look forward to your clinical years - since students are never assigned parking at the hospital the way attendings and residents are, you can often get away with parking in places that you're not supposed to park - like "visitor."
This becomes a fine art once you've done it for a while.