Student-professor dating?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

atticus27

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about it. Would it be highly unprofessional on both sides? Or what if the professor only teaches P-1 students and you're a P-2 or P-3?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't recommend a relationship, but casual sex is ok. Just make sure sure that if they give you a bad grade that you 'give it to them' extra hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
Bad, bad idea; imbalance of power, etc.

Here is how I did it

When I was a P-1, I did it with a P-2 class professor and dumped him
When I was a P-2, I dit it with a P-3 class professor and dumped him
When I was a P-3, I did it with a P-4 class preceptor and dumped him
When I was a P-4, I did a 4some with the 3 ones mentionned above and dumped tem

PS: I was sincerely in love with them, does it change anything to the ethic's question

Here is how I did it

PS: I was sincerely in love with them, does it change anything to the ethic's question

:thumbup:

:smuggrin:

Most of my professors aren't very good looking :(

You hear rumors. Not with my class so I wonder how much was speculation.

I hung out with one of the residents one year, but he ended up not teaching my class at all.

You would have my props if u can pull it off...

Ethically I don't think its any different from being good friends with a prof
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has thought about it. Would it be highly unprofessional on both sides? Or what if the professor only teaches P-1 students and you're a P-2 or P-3?

I think it would be a better idea for the student to wait until after they have graduated. To me it is a similar situation to that of an employee dating someone in management, which in the jobs I've had so far they have made it clear during orientation that that's against their policies.

:laugh:
Here is how I did it

Did any of the professors you dumped ended up teaching you in a later year?

you can pull it off in high school or college but I think it's unlikely for it to happen in pharmacy school or medical school even though it has happen with one of the professors at UH Hilo from what I heard.

it happened at our school. caused chaos and controversy.

got even worse when the student's + friends started "hanging out" with the professor + friends.

Interesting... I suppose it's not unheard of but it does cross several student-teacher boundaries. So how did the schools handle such situations?

Don't ever ever ever never ever ever s*** in the place you eat.:cool::cool::cool:

There are a couple professors who will come out for drinks. I always made sure we were done their block before I invited them though.

you can pull it off in high school or college but I think it's unlikely for it to happen in pharmacy school or medical school even though it has happen with one of the professors at UH Hilo from what I heard.

Whoa. Really? In the pharmacy school or in another part of the university?

Here is how I did it

:love::thumbup:

During undergrad, there was a prof dating a student who was in a sorority. He would actually SHOW UP to the sorority parties with her. :eek:
They ended up getting married after she graduated.

:love::thumbup:

During undergrad, there was a prof dating a student who was in a sorority. He would actually SHOW UP to the sorority parties with her. :eek:
They ended up getting married after she graduated.

What university was this? Was she a good looking young girl and he a young professor or was he an old professor? It might have passed of there but if she was a young girl and he a significantly older person than that itself would have raised some questions. However, if they were closer in age than people probably wouldn;t have cared too much.