Student Recommended Prerecs

Started by kgrabar
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

kgrabar

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would like to post this question to current OD students and grads. There are many recommended pre-recs out there such as Orgo II, Biochem, Neuroanatomy, Molecular Bio, etc, and some schools even require one or two of these. I am considering taking one more recommended course this summer before I start in the fall, and I would like to know which course you would most recommend. I heard Biochem is a tough course the first year, and that it will help if you have taken it before as an undergrad. I was hoping to do this, but I haven't taken Orgo II which is a pre-rec for Biochem at most colleges. Also, do you feel that those who haven't taken Orgo II or Biochem before are at an obvious disadvantage or do they just have to study a bit more to get through the material? Thanks in advance for your thoughts!