Studing Vocab for CARS Section?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

betterfuture

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been doing a few CARS practice and reading different types of passages from economics to ethics.

For those who have done well on the CARS section or are pretty solid in this section when practicing, do you guys believe it would be a good idea to study MCAT type terms. I have seen some people who have made flashcards to practice really hard words/jargons, but does it provide some sort of advantage? Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not sure how much studying vocab would help for CARS; what makes it hard are the interpretation required and the time constraint. But, I was quite well-read already when I took the MCAT, so maybe I wouldn't have noticed the advantage.

If you are having trouble with vocab during CARS, and the words are critical words for the interpretation/answering of questions, then you may benefit from studying vocab. I'm not sure practice materials for that even exist though... this isn't the GRE after all.

Well I asked because it would seem like using context clues to understand an unfamiliar word would suffice. The time spent on practicing vocab words should probably be used towards practice. But then again, I was not sure if people still did it and found it to be helpful with their CARS practice.

Also, I don't have so much of a problem with understanding passages than it is with understanding passages within the time constraints, along with answering the questions. I have noticed I can fully understand complex passages, but it does take me a while. Maybe my problem is timing. Can anybody offer any advice on that?

Last edited: