Study Abroad AMCAS Confusion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kula23

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay so I've asked a wide variety of people (pre-health advisor, my university's study abroad office, AMCAS) and am still quite confused.

I studied abroad in Fall 2015. I had to apply to my home university to be approved to then apply to my abroad program (Syracuse University). After studying abroad, all credits were transferred into my home university's transcript as equivalent coursework. I received letter grades toward all classes taken abroad that counted toward my home university's GPA. When I emailed my study abroad office at my home university, the woman there said "
Since you studied through an SCU Study Abroad program that has been fully integrated into your SCU transcripts and was an SCU Study Abroad program, you should not need separate transcripts as it would be redundant." she followed this up with: but you should double check with AMCAS.

My question is, do I need a transcript from Syracuse? Someone from AMCAS told me over email today that I needed to list the coursework I did at Syracuse under Syracuse University on AMCAS, but do NOT need an official transcript. He said I should leave Fall 2015 of my home university blank under coursework. I asked him for confirmation that I was understanding him correctly and he is yet to get back to me, so I'll call tomorrow and pitch it to someone else.

Does anyone have any experience in the matter? Please help

Members don't see this ad.