Study for MCAT from freshmen year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Adaggiote

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to hit freshmen year at UTA. I want to assure my success as a premed and that also means doing spectacular on the MCAT. I am very aware on how convoluted and abstract can be at times, but I am ready and willing to work hard. Are there any of you out there that has studied very early. How did it work out for you?

Members don't see this ad.

I started senior year of high school to get my 37. If you're starting so late, I think you can only end up with a 33 or 34 max.

When should I start studying/When should I take the MCAT?

You can choose your 3-4 month window to study after you've completed your pre-reqs. In your pre-reqs, gain mastery of the material; don't aim merely for an A. Spending the time to master the material in your pre-reqs will pay off when you study for the MCAT.

cool.....So what did you start with? I have taken AP biology. Should I start studying that.....VR is fairly easy.......i need work on PS, particularly my computation.

I'm not sure if you realize I was joking.

Do well in your prereq classes. Everything else will fall into place. If you want to start early, start reading the New Yorker or take literature classes to help you with VR.

Relax.