Scheduling Question For a Freshmen (Taking the MCAT Before 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Akeid

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, this will be my first post here in SDN, but i have been a long time lurker. I have a few questions that i would like to get some input before i make a final decision.
So here is my situation, I am currently finishing up freshman year, majoring in microbio, and have been fortunate enough to have some AP credit coming into my university. The classes i have taken so far are
Math: Calc 1+2 (AP), Honors Calc 2
Chem: AP chem, Orgo 1+2
Bio: AP Bio, Bio 1 lab
Physics: Physics 1 +lab

My registration date for my fall 2013 classes is coming up in a week and i wanted to get some input on what classes would be essential for the MCAT. I am going to take the MCAT before the 2015 change, hoping that the traditional test will work in my favor. Next semester i want to take:
Stats (i have no prior stat knowledge)
Orgo 2 Lab
Physics 2
Biochem

I am debating whether or not to take physics 2 over p-chem. What are some recommendations that you guys have before taking the MCAT?

Members don't see this ad.

Strongly suggest you take the 2nd semester of chemistry. AP, while maybe it counts for your school, doesn't give you everything you need.

Also, a physiology class would be very helpful if it is offered.

Strongly suggest you take the 2nd semester of chemistry. AP, while maybe it counts for your school, doesn't give you everything you need.

Also, a physiology class would be very helpful if it is offered.

So the best thing to do is get both out of the way? My last gen chem class hasn't been since my junior year in highschool. Is there also any other crucial classes that i should take before the test?
Thanks again!

So the best thing to do is get both out of the way? My last gen chem class hasn't been since my junior year in highschool. Is there also any other crucial classes that i should take before the test?
Thanks again!

Just finish your pre-requisites and then study for the MCAT.

I'm doing the same thing, but I'll be taking the MCAT without physics II.

Thanks!
Do you guys recommend taking human physiology before the test, or is my AP biology enough to suffice information requirement?