study in the US, work in Canada

Started by dackmonkey
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dackmonkey

i guess i'm floating
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is this possible? I'm a Canadian applicant and once I graduate from dental school (if in the US) i might consider working in Canada. is there anything that can prevent this by studying in the US? does the Canadian Dental Association allow American graduates to work in Canada?

I know that this is an odd question and if anyone knows anything regarding this matter I would appreciate some insight. I plan on calling the CDA to ask them anyways but I thought I'd ask SDNers to see if they knew anything about this.
 
It's not an odd question at all.

Don't quote me, but I would believe the Canadian Dental Association would simply require you to write a licensure exam to insure you meet federal standards to practice in the country.

Do contact them, however.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe it's a provincial exam, so even if you study out-of-province, you will have to take the exam for your home province.