1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Study methods - Timetable.

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Engg to Doc, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Engg to Doc

Engg to Doc Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi all,
    For those who plan to take the MCAT next year, what does your review plan look like? I studied all the material 10 years ago and I am starting to review them. Do you do Bio, Chem, orgo and Phy chapter by chapter or do you handle one subject as a whole chunk at a time? Those of you who took the MCAT already, what was more effective for you?
    I'd appreciate any help with drafting my 'timetable'. I seem to be having a major information overload!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. wgu

wgu Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm taking it next August. For the whole year I'll be working on my weak point- verbal (and maybe writing). Within 6 months I'll learn any science I haven't covered before and then do science review. Last 2 months will be doing practice every available free time. Last 2 weeks will be doing practice every waking moment. I REALLY don't want to take it twice.

4. Engg to Doc

Engg to Doc Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks, that really helps - Checking the AAMC topic lists is something that never occured to me. I have started learning science topics that I have not covered before. And... verbal is my weak point too (as is for most of us!) So I had better start working on that!
    I don't know what I would have done without SDN!