1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. This forum is for support and discussion only. Please promote test prep materials/services (including AMAs) in the Special Offers subforum only. Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Study methods - Timetable.

Discussion in 'MCAT: Medical College Admissions Test' started by Engg to Doc, Jul 13, 2002.

1. Engg to Doc

Engg to Doc Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi all,
    For those who plan to take the MCAT next year, what does your review plan look like? I studied all the material 10 years ago and I am starting to review them. Do you do Bio, Chem, orgo and Phy chapter by chapter or do you handle one subject as a whole chunk at a time? Those of you who took the MCAT already, what was more effective for you?
    I'd appreciate any help with drafting my 'timetable'. I seem to be having a major information overload!

2. wgu

wgu Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I'm taking it next August. For the whole year I'll be working on my weak point- verbal (and maybe writing). Within 6 months I'll learn any science I haven't covered before and then do science review. Last 2 months will be doing practice every available free time. Last 2 weeks will be doing practice every waking moment. I REALLY don't want to take it twice.

3. Engg to Doc

Engg to Doc Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks, that really helps - Checking the AAMC topic lists is something that never occured to me. I have started learning science topics that I have not covered before. And... verbal is my weak point too (as is for most of us!) So I had better start working on that!
    I don't know what I would have done without SDN!