Study methods - Timetable.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Engg to Doc

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,
For those who plan to take the MCAT next year, what does your review plan look like? I studied all the material 10 years ago and I am starting to review them. Do you do Bio, Chem, orgo and Phy chapter by chapter or do you handle one subject as a whole chunk at a time? Those of you who took the MCAT already, what was more effective for you?
I'd appreciate any help with drafting my 'timetable'. I seem to be having a major information overload!
 
I'm taking it next August. For the whole year I'll be working on my weak point- verbal (and maybe writing). Within 6 months I'll learn any science I haven't covered before and then do science review. Last 2 months will be doing practice every available free time. Last 2 weeks will be doing practice every waking moment. I REALLY don't want to take it twice.
 
Thanks, that really helps - Checking the AAMC topic lists is something that never occured to me. I have started learning science topics that I have not covered before. And... verbal is my weak point too (as is for most of us!) So I had better start working on that!
I don't know what I would have done without SDN!