Study Planning and exercise

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Doctor or bust

asdf
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I have begun planning my summer as I'll be taking the MCAT at the end of this summer and due to my heavy current course load I won't begin studying until the summer. Therefore, this summer I plan to study the MCAT as if it is a full time job between 40-50 hours a week until I take it. I was wondering if it would be a bad idea to workout in the mornings before going to the library as I would like to do or if that would be too much of an energy commitment and would be something that I should reserve for doing after I leave the library. If anyone has experience with this or any thoughts about it I would like some feedback on such. Thanks!
 
I used to workout in the morning before heading out to the uni (med school). Depending on the intensity it left me either happy and energized or super burned out. I was done when I did high-intensity interval training, I felt better when I did submaximal load work. Now the problem is, submaximal work takes an hour plus where with HIT I can get a great workout in 30 minutes or less.

In the end, I ended up compromising and doing HIT (which personally I prefer) at night. This way I got my favorite workout mode on and it took less than an hour and left my most energized moments for studying. In a sense, it was also a treat for myself for getting all the studying in for that day.

Hope this helps.