Study suggestions- Pre reqs taken 10 yrs ago.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

covergirl01

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone who is not fresh out of school suggest ways to study/prepare for PCAT... I took CHEM/O CHEM almost 10 years ago. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in a similar situation. I graduated in 2005 but I've decided to persue a career in pharmacy. I have been studying for four months for the Aug. pcat and i've found that the cliff's notes for chemistry are very good for relearning and rebuilding a firm chemistry background.

Can anyone who is not fresh out of school suggest ways to study/prepare for PCAT... I took CHEM/O CHEM almost 10 years ago. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

Are you sure those classes still count? Some schools won't accept prereqs older than five to seven years old. I had old prereqs and I just ended up retaking them.

Try Kaplan's to get you started with the general chemistry. It isn't good enough for Organic. If you have your old textbooks, maybe start reviewing with that. You can also try guidebooks. I used a Schaum's guide to teach myself the second semester of organic and it did an okay job.