1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Study Tactics!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by freemontie, Sep 22, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. freemontie

freemontie Banned Banned

Aug 19, 2014
    Let's share our study tactics and what's best for different subjects. What "techniques" have helped you the most?
    Here's one question: When reviewing chapters- do you give yourself "deadlines" (i.e. finish this chapter in 1 hour) to keep yourself on track or do you prefer not to because you don't want to rush it?

EDIT: either

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 640936

640936 Internally driven

Sep 17, 2014
    Studying for a class or studying for the MCAT?

4. Strudel19

Strudel19 5+ Year Member

Jul 14, 2011
    hSDN Member
    hSDN Alumni
    I just read chapters out of the textbook. The book covers everything in the course and more in detail. When it's time to look at powerpoint slides there really isn't anything to memorize because I read the chapter.

For Bio, read the chapter. For physics/ochem, read the chapter and do problems.

5. 640936

640936 Internally driven

Sep 17, 2014
    I agree with the above! I also take my own personal notes on the chapters I read before class and ask any questions I encounter

6. mehc012

mehc012 Big Damn Hero 2+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2012
    The Black