Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Study Tactics!

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical Allopathic [ MD ]' started by freemontie, 09.22.14.

1. SDN is made possible through sponsorships and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. freemontie

freemontie Banned Banned

Let's share our study tactics and what's best for different subjects. What "techniques" have helped you the most?
    Here's one question: When reviewing chapters- do you give yourself "deadlines" (i.e. finish this chapter in 1 hour) to keep yourself on track or do you prefer not to because you don't want to rush it?

EDIT: either

Last edited: 09.22.14
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. 640936

640936 Internally driven

Pre-Medical
    Studying for a class or studying for the MCAT?

4. Strudel19

Strudel19 5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    hSDN
    hSDN
    Alumni
    I just read chapters out of the textbook. The book covers everything in the course and more in detail. When it's time to look at powerpoint slides there really isn't anything to memorize because I read the chapter.

For Bio, read the chapter. For physics/ochem, read the chapter and do problems.

5. 640936

640936 Internally driven

Pre-Medical
    I agree with the above! I also take my own personal notes on the chapters I read before class and ask any questions I encounter

6. mehc012

mehc012 Big Damn Hero 2+ Year Member

Medical Student

About the ads