Studying (a language) before med school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sabsaf123

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I know that everyone says you should not to study anatomy, physio, biochemistry, etc. before med school. I am actually studying another language and I wanted to know if there are ways I could improve my study habits so that they might help me in med school. Obviously I'm not studying this language for med school, but I figure if I'm studying it anyways then I might as well try to use techniques that could possibly help me in med school. I've had a couple of years off between med school and undergrad.

So far I've been using Anki to remember vocab and how to conjugate verbs and I feel like its helped a lot. I've learned that spaced repetition is awesome for my learning style! Is there anything else I could do that would help me better understand my learning style/help in med school?

Members don't see this ad.

Getting used to Anki is a good idea. I used it to work on my Spanish comprehension before school.

Getting used to Anki is a good idea. I used it to work on my Spanish comprehension before school.
Thanks. So would you say that conceptually, learning a language is similar to some of the classes in med school?

Thanks. So would you say that conceptually, learning a language is similar to some of the classes in med school?

Only in that you are learning a lot of words that you didn't know before. Med school is more about memorizing a large volume of information in a short amount of time, then forgetting 90% of it a week later.

Reactions: 1 user