Studying Abroad Spring Semester + Interviews Feasible Or?

Started by deleted854547
Tags Tags
study abroad
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

D

deleted854547

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a rising senior and have studied abroad in the summer, but never during a school year semester. My university recently released some incredible multiple country study abroad programs that I could see myself enjoying and would receive substantial funding for. However, I am applying this cycle. If I am fortunate enough to receive interviews in the spring semester, it obviously could pose a problem if I am out of the country. Has anyone heard of instances where folks have studied abroad and applied to medical school? I would really like to experience a semester abroad before graduating!
 
Not sure if this would work, but if secondary essays offer you an "additional comments" prompt you can state you won't be in the country in the Spring semester due to study abroad. If not, you can also e-mail the schools individually to inform them, so this way they know if you're interview worthy to call you before January. Not sure though mate.