Studying Abroad Spring Semester + Interviews Feasible Or?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eyejust

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a rising senior and have studied abroad in the summer, but never during a school year semester. My university recently released some incredible multiple country study abroad programs that I could see myself enjoying and would receive substantial funding for. However, I am applying this cycle. If I am fortunate enough to receive interviews in the spring semester, it obviously could pose a problem if I am out of the country. Has anyone heard of instances where folks have studied abroad and applied to medical school? I would really like to experience a semester abroad before graduating!

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure if this would work, but if secondary essays offer you an "additional comments" prompt you can state you won't be in the country in the Spring semester due to study abroad. If not, you can also e-mail the schools individually to inform them, so this way they know if you're interview worthy to call you before January. Not sure though mate.