Step I studying for micro

Started by obiwan
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

obiwan

Attending Physician
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what seems to be the preferred text for micro/immuno?

i think i'm just going to use FA for both
 
Read lots of posts:
people def say Clinical Micriobiology Made Ridiculously simple for micro.
and for Immuno: Levison's Micro & Immuno book, just the immuno part is supposedly really good.
 
Read lots of posts:
people def say Clinical Micriobiology Made Ridiculously simple for micro.
and for Immuno: Levison's Micro & Immuno book, just the immuno part is supposedly really good.

I agree for immuno.

But for micro its still up in the air for me.....the majority: CMMRS. But I prefer RR micro...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if you could get your hands on a copy of Volume I of Kaplan Home Study Series, you will find very detailed and comprehensive micro and immuno sections. but if you are not that concerned about micro/immuno, and don't intend to incorporate kaplan in any of your plans, then you should check out Lippincott's micro (I've heard good things about it).

just not a big fan of CMMRS

Good Luck
 
if you could get your hands on a copy of Volume I of Kaplan Home Study Series, you will find very detailed and comprehensive micro and immuno sections. but if you are not that concerned about micro/immuno, and don't intend to incorporate kaplan in any of your plans, then you should check out Lippincott's micro (I've heard good things about it).

just not a big fan of CMMRS

Good Luck

I used Kaplan for Immuno and Microbio and found it more than enough.
 
Listen to Lanky he knows what he's takling about

I did and used Kaplan. Our school had shelf for micro and I got a 750 on it. I know this other guy who used Kaplan notes and got and 860 😱 (what like 4 SD above the mean?! ****). yea. Kaplan is the way to go.

Although I would add that in this last month of studying I am giong to give CMMRS a read. Reason being that I saw some "reasoning" questions and went back and saw CMMRS explain it.

Suggesstion: Kaplan first; if time permits CMMRS for some other random info.

heck, I even saw couple of questions on shelf nowhere but on annals of microbiology journal! HIV, Influenza was stressed...might read annals of microbio? lol