Studying in London

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

KimmyK4

KimmyK4
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm a in my 3rd year in a SUNY school studying Biology with a Buisness minor, and I'm planning on going to London in the Spring of 2008.

I can do an internship there, and I was hoping to do one that related to Geriatrics, and Elder Care as that is what I'm hoping to specialize in.

Does anyone have any advice on what to look into in London that has to do with their system of care in regards to Gerontology?

Preferably in South Kensington?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Kimmy-

As I'm sure you're aware, Britain has a nationalized health service. Because of this, most internships you may consider will probably be similarly-based. In London, the hospitals are coordinated with medical schools, so look into the hospitals affiliated with Imperial College, University College London, and Guy's King's and St. Thomas'. They are all accustomed to a teaching environment and would be great opportunities. Also, all 3 hospital systems are famous for their progressive treatments. Enjoy!