studying inflammation/immunology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

uclacrewdude

the uclacrewdude abides
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
dude, every time i try and review general path and immuno, i get confused as hell by the mess of cytokines and other signals and stuff, and the ones with global effects, like TNFalpha ...

how did you guys get your signaling pathways straight? is there a site that i havent been able to find which lists A) the important signaling molecules and B) their most important effects?

Members don't see this ad.

hmm. well it seems that macrophages release IL-1 and TNF-alpha
thosre are 2 good ones

Then T helper release IL-2, TNF - beta, interferon -y that does alot of stuff

etc...

I dont read Robbins but The 2 sources Im using for path are BRS and Goljan RR, and i dont know if i really know it yet cuz my test is in a week, but i think it helps to organize it in what type of cell releases what then u can kinda see whats goin on...

This site is great for questions, it also has tutorials that might help (I havent used the tutorials)

http://medlib.med.utah.edu/WebPath/webpath.html

I like the lange micro and immuno book for immuno it has about 90 pages of immuno and is much better then brs for immuno. Alot of diagrams from the lange book even appear in first aid so they've got to be good.