Allergy and Immunology Procedures?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wanted101

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I saw a couple posts on here that mention allergy and immuno drs do procedures. What kind of procedures do they do? Also, I saw one allergy dr write about how he makes over 400K a year working 3 days a week 9-5. How is something like this possible in A/I?

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I think a lot of the income potential in that field comes from allergy testing and then immunotherapy. There’s a lot of potential to get a system going where nurses are administering the treatments while you’re seeing other patients. I know that in the ENT world allergy can be very very lucrative for this reason.

Reactions: 1 user
I saw a couple posts on here that mention allergy and immuno drs do procedures. What kind of procedures do they do? Also, I saw one allergy dr write about how he makes over 400K a year working 3 days a week 9-5. How is something like this possible in A/I?

Allergy is a volume business in that nurses can do your "procedures" which are really not procedures. Namely allergy testing, PFTs for asthma, and allergy shots. None of these things really pay super well per patient, but if you run a high-volume, efficient practice where you are seeing new consults while your nurses are doing said testing and shots it can add up to good $$. Because of that though, allergy is very variable, where salaried positions are on the low end but earning potential in PP is higher.

Reactions: 3 users