Studying while drinking beer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

plsfoldthx

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone try it

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
i'm an M1 right now and i sometimes down some wine while i study.. i actually find it to be very motivating cause it puts me in a better mood

It helps me when writing a paper for a non-science class. For science it just jumbles my mind :thumbdown:.

Try some good beer though- dos x, yingling, german beer, etc... Just something that isn't PBR, natty, or old milwalk..

I like a rum and coke or a blinded white Russian smoothie. But I'm not getting hammered it's just a drink or two.

One of my friends used to take a bottle with a 50/50 mix of jack and coke to the library. He did really well too. Then he almost killed himself drinking.

OE in the da housssee

I drink while programming. Not usually while studying. I would read whole sections and then have no idea what I read haha.

I've had a beer or two and started studying a couple hours afterward. Didn't seem to really impact my ability to concentrate or retain

Oh, yeah, makes a LOT of sense taking a CNS depressant instead of a stimulant. :rolleyes: Gimme a 16 oz monster energy drink, and some ah- other things, anyday. I'll drink the beer afterwards, as a reward, and to settle the hell down so i can get some sleep. Why would you ever want to 'relax' while studying??

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, yeah, makes a LOT of sense taking a CNS depressant instead of a stimulant. :rolleyes: Gimme a 16 oz monster energy drink, and some ah- other things, anyday. I'll drink the beer afterwards, as a reward, and to settle the hell down so i can get some sleep. Why would you ever want to 'relax' while studying??

And the word for the day is gunner.

^^^ pretty much! Yeah I will be starting med sch. this fall at 27 y/o...but not being a premed undergrad was priceless!!!

I do, and then I come in to take the exam with a few beers in hand.

state dependent effect ftw

This.

If u alter ur mind to study (drinking, smoking et al) make sure u alter it the same way again for tests to maximize recall...

ballmer_peak.png

This.

If u alter ur mind to study (drinking, smoking et al) make sure u alter it the same way again for tests to maximize recall...

If you do it like this, you'll have some stuff you learned while not drinking (like in class or the library), and some stuff you learned while drinking. Oh, and if a friend gives you a tidbit of information, and you weren't drinking, you might not be able to recall that either. Therefore, I propose a 24/7 state of intoxication, that way you'll never miss a thing :D

EDIT: xkcd is awesome!

I don't drink while I study, but I do prefer to study at bars. I like to think that I'm absorbing the chill atmosphere. Plus, the loud noises and dim lighting keep my mind from wandering while I study...

And, as soon as I'm done - hello awesome Portland beer!

Studying and drinking is fine, as long as you drink before the exam.
;)

Having a little to drink can be great for studying.

Too much and it's great for not studying.

Get real.

Anyone that says they drink WHILE studying is either lying or a complete loser.

Yeh I'm sure many of us have had some drinks and studied a little bit later, but to actually drink WHILE you study, let's be serious...lolwut

Get real.

Anyone that says they drink WHILE studying is either lying or a complete loser.

Yeh I'm sure many of us have had some drinks and studied a little bit later, but to actually drink WHILE you study, let's be serious...lolwut
I'm doing it right now. What now?

I'm doing it right now. What now?

If we were to get technical, he was saying that no one drinks and studies at the same time. You are drinking, studying, and posting on SDN -- which is a very, very, very different thing! :whistle:

always remember, kiddos, to be stoned and drunk when you go to the DMV for your driver's license pic