stupid amcas question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

synapse lapse

tokyo robotic
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the course number box, do you put the name/number or just the number ofr the course. For example, is it Chem101 or just 101 and then chemistry in name section. Sorry if this is dumb, the directions are ambiguous. Also, do they average repeats or just ocunt them individually. They say they count individually, but that is extremely unfair. Anyone have experience with this? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

1) You enter the course number as it appears on your transcript (ie CHEM 101 instead of 101)

2) Every grade you earn is averaged into the AMCAS GPA, including repeats. If you get a C and retake the class and get an A, both the C and the A are included.

Alexander Pink said:
In the course number box, do you put the name/number or just the number ofr the course. For example, is it Chem101 or just 101 and then chemistry in name section.

it's definitely ambiguous, but i think you just enter the number in the box and the name in the name field...atleast that's what i'm doing
there might be enough room in the number box for Chem101, but not something like German101-0...i think the name will show up right with the number so it should be obvious

also, maybe you can email or call AMCAS with your question

good luck! I'm still working on the AMCAS too....we're not THAT far behind, right?

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i did just the number in the number box and just the class title in the other box. i don't think it matters.

I decided to do the chem101 type structure instead of just teh number. That is how it is on my transcript, and when i looked at how they showed up on the print application option it looked better. Also, it sucks that they don't average the retakes, that's really not fair, brings down my GPA a bit. Good luck everyone, no I'm not behind as I took August MCAT so I am just fine.