Stupid ethics class makes me want to vomit

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I like the ethics course at my school. Alot of it is focused on not being sucessfully litigated . . . and I find that to be darn useful information. They also tend to highlight when something we're discussing shows up on the boards frequently which is pretty high yeild stuff. And it gives me an excuse not to do more anatomy.

Members don't see this ad.

Ethics discussions always end in an unending list of hypothetical confounding variables such as "maybe she is a lesbian" or "maybe she is pregnant with septuplets" or "maybe her mother and father would be really mad or abusive if they found out she was pregnant."

Yesterday in my ethics small group someone was accused of being pro-slavery in a discussion about abortion.

Members don't see this ad :)
I pay tuition to learn how to become a physician, not be politically "converted". I vote for republicans OR democrats based on the candidate's ideas, not some lock-step ideology driven party line vote.

On a brighter note, it's almost over!!!

OMG one more day of BS!!! I think I am more happy about this than I was at the end of MFM :clap:

OMG one more day of BS!!! I think I am more happy about this than I was at the end of MFM :clap:

Yes! It is done. No more attempts at sociopolitical conversion! No more having to watch philosophers prove how supremely intellectual they are! No more listening to lawyers suggest that they are simply a symptom of the rampant disease of malpractice, having nothing to do with being part of the problem. :sleep: :rolleyes:

I hate this touchey feely crap that they added just to waste our time. I'd rather be doing pretty much anything other than this crap.
I have similar stuff in my curriculum. It just strengthens my motivation to fire up an online, 3 yr med school in due time as mentioned in a nearby thread. The worst is that attendance is often mandatory at the crappiest of stuff. Forcing ppl to go attests to how sucky it is. They are all hours going down the drain instead of spending them post residency earning thousands of bucks.

Yeah, ethics. Good times. A few weeks ago we had a student equate thinking that your patient is special to thinking that your race is special. Yep, caring for your patient leads straight to genocide.