Stupid GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amph119

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, I realize this is a dumb question as I'm typing it. I'm more just curious :) after all I'm sure I'm not the only one who has mused on the subject.

Is the difference between say a 3.59 and a 3.60 any more significant than a 3.74 and a 3.75 assuming the same MCAT? Like, it's the next tenth up! I'm sorry I'm just bored and thinking out loud, haha.

On another note, how's everyone's day going? I'm stuck in lab waiting for a reaction to go blahhhhhhhhh.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree. This is a stupid question. Go heat up your reaction.

Yes. It means everything.

The declining value of the GPA (replaced by extraz) means that that hundredth-of-a-point is about as important as your question about it.

:D

*edited for being ******ed*

Members don't see this ad :)
a tenth of a point is a big deal.

a hundredth of a point, which is what you're talking about, is stupid. stop clogging my intertubes!

a tenth of a point is a big deal.

There are ways to even overlook that. ;)

Good catch, I can't believe I missed that typo.

Oh wait, nvmd... I offten myss dose tiepose.

There are ways to even overlook that. ;)

Good catch, I can't believe I missed that typo.

Oh wait, nvmd... I offten myss dose tiepose.

i was talking to the OP ;) but everyone should stop wasting the intertubes.

think green. bandwidth is a valuable resource!

i was talking to the OP ;) but everyone should stop wasting the intertubes.

think green. bandwidth is a valuable resource!

...did I just get served?

:mad:

oh, and :luck::thumbup:

You see, the internet is a series of tubes. It's not just some truck on which you can load everything.

Okay, I realize this is a dumb question as I'm typing it. I'm more just curious :) after all I'm sure I'm not the only one who has mused on the subject.

Is the difference between say a 3.59 and a 3.60 any more significant than a 3.74 and a 3.75 assuming the same MCAT? Like, it's the next tenth up! I'm sorry I'm just bored and thinking out loud, haha.

On another note, how's everyone's day going? I'm stuck in lab waiting for a reaction to go blahhhhhhhhh.

Yea that's a really dumb question. On a higher note, your avatar is awesome.