1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

stupid mistakes

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by KababMD, Aug 11, 2011.

1. KababMD

2+ Year Member

Upon reviewing the AAMC I see im making careless errors, changing the answers from correct ones to incorrect ones this is a common recurring problem, and is costing me ~2 points especially in the Bio section....how do I correct this....writing tomorrow

thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Thank You for Smoking
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    It's a mental issue more than anything. Other than telling you that you need to focus more, I don't know what else to say. Read carefully, move slowly, and pay attention. Double check (and triple check if you have the time) to try and minimize careless errors.

4. mohad

Pre-Medical
    This actually was a big issue with me too, but surprisingly enough it was with the PS and not BS. Now that I've started the AAMC tests after finishing TPR, I'm making dumb mistakes in the BS instead of the PS. It's pretty frustrating, but what kinda worked for me with the PS was that I muttered the questions and answer choices under my breath so I was "actively reading" and I always made sure to double check math and read through every answer choice since I had a habit of picking one and not looking at the rest. I just gotta apply this strategy with the AAMC tests, and hopefully I'll see a jump. Good luck!

5. Bumbl3b33

Removed

Medical Student
    same boat homie....writing next week. good luck to you tomorrow!

6. UrshumMurshum

2+ Year Member

Just took a FL. Scored an 11 on the PS, but seriously 4 of the questions were just careless errors.

It's so aggravating, I need to boost my concentration when I'm reading the question/answer choices.