stupid question regarding aamcas application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Neuro27

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
where do you see the calculated gpa after you put in all your courses?

Members don't see this ad.

You don't see it until paying the fee, submitting the amcas, and receiving confirmation that you're good to go.

i.c. thank you

i just finished putting in all my courses and was looking all over to find how it had calculated the gpa. i guess i'll have to wait until mcat score come out.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can calculate it yourself if you know how many semester hours each of your classes converts to. AMCAS shows how they convert grades in the pdf handbook.

It's not too difficult to calculate if you follow the basic A=4, B=3, C=2, D=1, F=0 rule. For + or -, you add or subtract 1/3.

For example, a B+ counts as 3.33 while an B- is 2.67.

Add those numbers up and divide by the total course hours. You can do the same thing to calculate your science and non-science GPA too. Also, withdrawn courses do not factor into your GPA.

if you got an A+, will they see it as such, or will they see it as an A? (forgive the toolish question).

They'll see it as an A. Some schools don't give out A+s.

i actually have the gpa calculated out. i just wanted to be anal and see how it would matched up.