Sub I or elective close to rank list submission time?

Started by jellybird
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jellybird

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am really interested in the University of Hawaii peds program. I would really like to do a sub i or elective there, because I've heard that spending time there factors heavily into their residency decisions. Unfortunately, the only time I have in my schedule would be January or February.

If I go in January, I could be offered interviews in continental US that I might really need/want to go to. If so, that would take time away from my rotation and cost tons of $$$ on flights.

If I went in February, it might be too late.

Any thoughts?

And no, unfortunately, I can't change my schedule to shift it sooner. My school won't let me. 😡
 
Hopefully you will have the majority of your interviews done by January. But assuming you get an interview there earlier, you can still try to do a sub-I in February-- after all, rank lists don't go in until end of Febuary right? so you could technically go and knock their socks off and you will be fresh in their minds for the rank list meeting ;-)