You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Submit 2ndary within X weeks... miss that deadline?
Started by jae9970
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
depends on your financial situation and if you want to pay for an application that might just go right to the trash.
completely off topic here..
when I learned how to say hello, it sounded the way it's spelled in your mdapps: Annyounghasaeyo
but I notice when I hear korean speakers talk it sounds more like annyuhsayo. is there a difference, or are they just speaking too fast for me to hear the whole thing?
completely off topic here..
when I learned how to say hello, it sounded the way it's spelled in your mdapps: Annyounghasaeyo
but I notice when I hear korean speakers talk it sounds more like annyuhsayo. is there a difference, or are they just speaking too fast for me to hear the whole thing?
depends on your financial situation and if you want to pay for an application that might just go right to the trash.
completely off topic here..
when I learned how to say hello, it sounded the way it's spelled in your mdapps: Annyounghasaeyo
but I notice when I hear korean speakers talk it sounds more like annyuhsayo. is there a difference, or are they just speaking too fast for me to hear the whole thing?
well, if we look at the characters, the whole phrase is 5 syllables. Ahn-Nyoung-Hah-Seh-Yo. So if you speak slowly, that's what you would say
but nobody speaks slow these days. i completely understand when you say it sounds more like four syllables, or less..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
would they think I was stupid if I said it out with all of the syllables?well, if we look at the characters, the whole phrase is 5 syllables. Ahn-Nyoung-Hah-Seh-Yo. So if you speak slowly, that's what you would say
but nobody speaks slow these days. i completely understand when you say it sounds more like four syllables, or less..
how do you say "It tasted great" or something like that?
by the way, back to the topic
so they wouldn't consider "late" submissions? It's not officially late, but they would still frown upon it? My committee letter got just sent out this week, and this, even though it sounds liek a lame excuse, is the reason i waited on so many applications..
darn it
so they wouldn't consider "late" submissions? It's not officially late, but they would still frown upon it? My committee letter got just sent out this week, and this, even though it sounds liek a lame excuse, is the reason i waited on so many applications..
darn it
would they think I was stupid if I said it out with all of the syllables?
how do you say "It tasted great" or something like that?
🙁 i wanna stay on-topic here so if you wanna continue, PM me or create a thread on another forum (like a doctors' lounge or something like that?) and give me a link 😀
There's the possibility that they wouldn't accept it because it's so late. If I were you I'd email or call them and explain the situation to see if they would be so kind as to let you submit the application even though the deadline has passed.by the way, back to the topic
so they wouldn't consider "late" submissions? It's not officially late, but they would still frown upon it? My committee letter got just sent out this week, and this, even though it sounds liek a lame excuse, is the reason i waited on so many applications..
darn it
They say that waiting can be seen as a lack of interest.. if you explain the situation, they might be willing to let it slide.
I've seen in other posts where people have missed deadlines and called the schools and it was fine. IMO these are more like soft deadlines than throw it in the trash deadlines, I'm sure it depends on the school. I don't think it helps your app, but you might still have a shot...
call the specific school. some schools are more strict than others.
for example, case western asks people to submit within two weeks. but for them, it's more to help students and the process in general. i did mine in about 4 weeks but still got an interview from them.
simplified: it tastes great = ma-shi-suh (informal, to peers or younger ppl)
or ma-shi-seub-ni-dah (to older ppl)
for example, case western asks people to submit within two weeks. but for them, it's more to help students and the process in general. i did mine in about 4 weeks but still got an interview from them.
simplified: it tastes great = ma-shi-suh (informal, to peers or younger ppl)
or ma-shi-seub-ni-dah (to older ppl)
anybody know?
It was okay with one school. Just call the school and ask for an extension
i have emailed several schools and they have all replied with only one type of answer: the x week thing is just a guideline.
although, when i read the original email again, it doesnt sound like a guideline, more like an enforced rule. But thats what they say..
although, when i read the original email again, it doesnt sound like a guideline, more like an enforced rule. But thats what they say..
Just go to the post office and buy some pre-paid stamps that have the dates on them. Those deadlines are Xweeks post-marked, so even if you don't mail it right away and it can buy you a week or so.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 767
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 1K