Submit 2ndary within X weeks... miss that deadline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jae9970

Freshman Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello,

i was putting one school aside while completing other secondaries, and now i check the email and it says "please submit the secondary within 30 days" and it's been like 45 days already..

should i even bother to submit now? :(

Members don't see this ad.

depends on your financial situation and if you want to pay for an application that might just go right to the trash.

completely off topic here..

when I learned how to say hello, it sounded the way it's spelled in your mdapps: Annyounghasaeyo
but I notice when I hear korean speakers talk it sounds more like annyuhsayo. is there a difference, or are they just speaking too fast for me to hear the whole thing?

depends on your financial situation and if you want to pay for an application that might just go right to the trash.

completely off topic here..

when I learned how to say hello, it sounded the way it's spelled in your mdapps: Annyounghasaeyo
but I notice when I hear korean speakers talk it sounds more like annyuhsayo. is there a difference, or are they just speaking too fast for me to hear the whole thing?

well, if we look at the characters, the whole phrase is 5 syllables. Ahn-Nyoung-Hah-Seh-Yo. So if you speak slowly, that's what you would say

but nobody speaks slow these days. i completely understand when you say it sounds more like four syllables, or less..

Members don't see this ad :)
well, if we look at the characters, the whole phrase is 5 syllables. Ahn-Nyoung-Hah-Seh-Yo. So if you speak slowly, that's what you would say

but nobody speaks slow these days. i completely understand when you say it sounds more like four syllables, or less..
would they think I was stupid if I said it out with all of the syllables?

how do you say "It tasted great" or something like that?

by the way, back to the topic

so they wouldn't consider "late" submissions? It's not officially late, but they would still frown upon it? My committee letter got just sent out this week, and this, even though it sounds liek a lame excuse, is the reason i waited on so many applications..

darn it

would they think I was stupid if I said it out with all of the syllables?

how do you say "It tasted great" or something like that?

:( i wanna stay on-topic here so if you wanna continue, PM me or create a thread on another forum (like a doctors' lounge or something like that?) and give me a link :D

by the way, back to the topic

so they wouldn't consider "late" submissions? It's not officially late, but they would still frown upon it? My committee letter got just sent out this week, and this, even though it sounds liek a lame excuse, is the reason i waited on so many applications..

darn it
There's the possibility that they wouldn't accept it because it's so late. If I were you I'd email or call them and explain the situation to see if they would be so kind as to let you submit the application even though the deadline has passed.

They say that waiting can be seen as a lack of interest.. if you explain the situation, they might be willing to let it slide.

anybody know?

I've seen in other posts where people have missed deadlines and called the schools and it was fine. IMO these are more like soft deadlines than throw it in the trash deadlines, I'm sure it depends on the school. I don't think it helps your app, but you might still have a shot...

call the specific school. some schools are more strict than others.

for example, case western asks people to submit within two weeks. but for them, it's more to help students and the process in general. i did mine in about 4 weeks but still got an interview from them.

simplified: it tastes great = ma-shi-suh (informal, to peers or younger ppl)
or ma-shi-seub-ni-dah (to older ppl)

i have emailed several schools and they have all replied with only one type of answer: the x week thing is just a guideline.

although, when i read the original email again, it doesnt sound like a guideline, more like an enforced rule. But thats what they say..

Just go to the post office and buy some pre-paid stamps that have the dates on them. Those deadlines are Xweeks post-marked, so even if you don't mail it right away and it can buy you a week or so.