Submitted 4th letter after application marked as 'complete.'

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

poi78

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted all my secondaries in the last 2-3 weeks. I had 3 letters of recommendation before I submitted my secondaries. One application required 4 letters, so I requested and obtained a 4th letter. Should I send this 4th letter to all schools, even the ones for which my application is already "complete" and "under review"? Or will it create any delays or hiccups?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted all my secondaries in the last 2-3 weeks. I had 3 letters of recommendation before I submitted my secondaries. One application required 4 letters, so I requested and obtained a 4th letter. Should I send this 4th letter to all schools, even the ones for which my application is already "complete" and "under review"? Or will it create any delays or hiccups?
Just submit it to the school that wants it.

Just submit it to the school that wants it.
Thanks! Would you mind, if you have the insight, sharing how it might work? For example, when a file is marked "complete," is no additional information through AMCAS accepted? Or, do schools review all information as of the date they review my app?

I'm assuming that most schools haven't even looked at my application yet, since I just submitted the secondaries 2-3 weeks ago. Would my "complete" file still be updated so that the 4th letter would automatically be reviewed with all my other info?