Submitted manuscript

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medbunny56

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it okay to list a submitted manuscript under the "publications" tab on amcas?

I would write the narrative like this:
"Manuscript titled "title" by "author list" submitted to journal X on "date of submission". I would also write a few sentences describing the paper and its findings and then once it is accepted I will send an update letter to schools (that are receptive to updates)

For date of the activity I would write the date of submission.

Members don't see this ad.

You definitely can. Just know that it's unlikely to have a huge impact on your application as it hasn't been accepted yet. But yes, it is fine to include.

Sure, it'll make for a good update letter if it's accepted, but as Anarchy Bear said, it's going to do little to nothing for your app unless it gets accepted.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
"Submitted" doesn't not equal "publication". They don't count.

You can write your name in crayon on a brown paper bag, send it to Cell and that literally is a submitted manuscript.

Is it okay to list a submitted manuscript under the "publications" tab on amcas?

I would write the narrative like this:
"Manuscript titled "title" by "author list" submitted to journal X on "date of submission". I would also write a few sentences describing the paper and its findings and then once it is accepted I will send an update letter to schools (that are receptive to updates)

For date of the activity I would write the date of submission.

Reactions: 2 users
What about manuscripts after peer review and in revision?

How do you list ones that are accepted with revisions but not yet printed and you don't know what issue they'll appear in?

How do you list ones that are accepted with revisions but not yet printed and you don't know what issue they'll appear in?
Provide all of the info that you do have (authors, title, journal) and then say either "In press" or "Accepted for publication."

Reactions: 1 user
Here is some information:

If you're interested, you can also look at page 38 on the AMCAS document found at:

https://www.training.nih.gov/_assets/AMCAS_TIPS

1. A publication that is in preparation or that has been submitted should be included in a description of your research experience.

2. A publication that has been accepted (i.e., in print) or that has been published should be listed in the publications section.

Just in case you're still curious - it's up to you ... no worries.

Thank you.

Reactions: 2 users