Submitted My Application With a Small Mistake

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lo&Behold

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just finally submitted my application today and upon reviewing it realized that I had put 'Yes' for the question asking if I'm a 1st generation student. Is there any way I could edit that? I just sent an email asking for help with it but I'm sure it will take a few days before I get a response. I was wondering if anyone had a small mishap like that edited before.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I went through something similar. If anything, you can just email each of your schools and tell them about your small mistake. They will make a small note of your change on your file if they can. If they email you back saying "that is something only the ADEA can change," then there is nothing you can do but leave it to the ADEA, but do not worry, this is not the biggest deal.

If your ADEA application has not verified yet, the ADEA may have the opportunity to fix your primary application before verification. Of course, if its too late, don't worry too much. Worry about your interview prep and secondaries, they are waaaay more important. Also, your secondaries may (a lot of them will do this) give you a chance to comment on any errors or changes you would like to add. Its good to be honest, so I would write about your small change there.

Reactions: 1 users