Submitted papers on CV for aways?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frogger27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it okay to list papers that are currently under peer review on my CV for aways? I would clearly state "Submitted to X". It sounds like on ERAS there is an option for selecting Submitted, but I could not find anything about putting this on general CV for things like aways

I have a couple of non-field specific papers that are published, but nothing published yet in my field of choice so wanted to have something on the CV that shows I have projects nearing completion in this field

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I did. I didn’t include the journal though for submitted only. Once it’s accepted you can add the journal.

Reactions: 1 users
I have submitted papers on mine. I just have a section heading that is like "Submitted Manuscripts Under Consideration" or something like that. No journal, just the authors and title.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Reiterating the above. Journal title is pretentious, so don’t. Do include the date it was submitted though.

Okay awesome, I like the idea of making a Submitted manuscripts under consideration section.

Also, for things published in magazines, articles on medical school website, etc... should these be under their own category, like Publications - Non-peer reviewed?? Or do these not go on a CV

Okay awesome, I like the idea of making a Submitted manuscripts under consideration section.

Also, for things published in magazines, articles on medical school website, etc... should these be under their own category, like Publications - Non-peer reviewed?? Or do these not go on a CV

I'd definitely include them, if anything they are mildly interesting things someone could ask you about at an interview. Making a section like that is probably the way to do it. I don't have any stuff like that so maybe someone who does can chime in with what they've done.

Yeah, don't include the journal title. Anybody can submit stuff to NEJM, doesn't mean it'll get accepted. Include the title and authors and then save the actual citation with journal info after it's been accepted. It might bounce around a few times before it gets accepted anyway.

Non-Peer Reviewed Publications is the subheading I use and that i've most often seen suggested. Put this near/at the end of your citation lists after pubs, abstracts, presentations, etc.

Reactions: 1 users