Medical Submitted Primary with misdemeanor for speeding - Should I change this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Smile12

Admissions advisor
Staff member
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

So I submitted my primary application checking "Yes" to the misdemeanor box for a speeding ticket. I didn't think it was a misdemeanor until I got neurotic from SDN and googled my state+speeding ticket+misdemeanor and found out it was. I explained the offense in the prompt succinctly, but I'm regretting submitting now because I don't think it needed to be put. I'm worried that adcoms will sort my application out because of the checked misdemeanor box, can I withdraw my application and resubmit without the box checked?
If you read the application instructions, it will state what you can change post submission. In general that information cannot be changed.

Sent from my SM-N960U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

If your misdemeanor was a speeding ticket, I would not worry about this. Members of admissions committees in the United States, like most members of the general public, are familiar with speeding tickets. I will stretch this to say that they understand that a speeding ticket will not make you a worse physician. I can't say that there aren't any schools that screen out anyone with a misdemeanor, but if this truly was just a speeding ticket, I would not be worried that any admissions committee will view you less favorably because of it.

Leave your application as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.