Submitting additional information

Started by bots
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bots

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

I am thinking of sending in some more information to a couple of schools-- who should the letter be addressed to? For others of you who have written these, what did you put in them? I'm not sure exactly what I want to say, but I want to ensure that the schools know of my interest. Thanks.

BOTS
 
I've sent info that wasn't covered in my secondary applications (for e.g. the school just had you send your letters o' rec. and a check, but no essays explaining other things the school should know). Either send it to the admissions committee or to the dean of admissions...either way, the info will be forwarded to the committee and everyone will see it.

If you're just sending repeat info (i.e. they already know everything you wish them to know, and they got that info via the primary/secondary application), then I wouldn't send another letter regurgitating info.

Also, check w/ the school: for e.g., USC doesn't want you to send anything additional, whereas UWash welcomes it (if it's after the interview).