• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

Xcited392

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
So I've found out that my pre-med committee is writing a composite letter (after analyzing my application and interviewing) and attaching only one faculty letter with it.

I feel like that's not enough since some committees attach 3-5 letters with the composite. Depending on the schools I apply to and their flexible LOR requirements, should I plan on getting more LORs in? I'm thinking of asking 3 more people to write a letter and upload it to Interfolio (maybe two faculty and a volunteer coordinator).

Thoughts?

Deekle

7+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2011
Washington, IL
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Do it. Get some LOR's from folks you have developed a good relationship with. The best LOR's come from people who know, like and respect you. Just make sure they are professors, research directors etc. and not your best friends dad.

Xcited392

10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2008
Status (Visible)
Yup. My recommenders have known me for 2-4 years.

I'm wondering if it's unusual for a committee to only attach 1 letter...

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.