Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Submitting AMCAS app

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mossjoh, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

Hey everyone. After submitting the AMCAS app on June 18, and if I find out I want to retake the MCAT in August but have sent in my app to schools, would AMCAS then forward my scores on the most recent MCAT to the schools I applied to? And if rejection letters would happen to come before the new MCAT scores were in, I was told that I could send a letter to the schools telling them I had again taken the MCAT, achieved higher scores, and would like them to reconsider my application.

Does anyone know how this all works?

2. oscar505

oscar505 Member
    10+ Year Member

I think there's a section on your AMCAS app where you are asked how many times you have taken the MCAT. I would mark 2 and indicate that you intend to re-take it this august. With that, the schools will most likely wait for your second set of scores to come in before making a decision. I sent my AMCAS app and then took the MCAT(took the MCAT last August so I was late in having my app. reviewed) It was risky but luckily I did good enough to get accepted.