1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Submitting AMCAS app

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Mossjoh, Apr 23, 2001.

1. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2
    10+ Year Member

Hey everyone. After submitting the AMCAS app on June 18, and if I find out I want to retake the MCAT in August but have sent in my app to schools, would AMCAS then forward my scores on the most recent MCAT to the schools I applied to? And if rejection letters would happen to come before the new MCAT scores were in, I was told that I could send a letter to the schools telling them I had again taken the MCAT, achieved higher scores, and would like them to reconsider my application.

Does anyone know how this all works?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. oscar505

oscar505 Member
    10+ Year Member

I think there's a section on your AMCAS app where you are asked how many times you have taken the MCAT. I would mark 2 and indicate that you intend to re-take it this august. With that, the schools will most likely wait for your second set of scores to come in before making a decision. I sent my AMCAS app and then took the MCAT(took the MCAT last August so I was late in having my app. reviewed) It was risky but luckily I did good enough to get accepted.