submitting AMCAS this June

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tofurkey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I'll be submitting my AMCAS this June and I just wanted to double-check that I understand what needs to be submitted.

That would be personal statement, transcripts, and have LORs ready to go to your pre-med committee to be sent out with secondaries.

Is that right? Also, I guess, having all your activities, etc. in a good format for input onto AMCAS.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Tofurkey

Members don't see this ad.

That is correct. What you mentioned is what you need. You have to enter your activities one by one, but it would be good to have a SHORT description of each activity ready with the dates you took part in it.

Originally posted by Tofurkey
Hello,

I'll be submitting my AMCAS this June and I just wanted to double-check that I understand what needs to be submitted.

That would be personal statement, transcripts, and have LORs ready to go to your pre-med committee to be sent out with secondaries.

Is that right? Also, I guess, having all your activities, etc. in a good format for input onto AMCAS.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,

Tofurkey

so i guess this means you ended up doing ok in your postbacc courses?

Members don't see this ad :)
You can start working on it early - AMCAS became accessible last year in the beginning of May. I had a month to work on the application before the "submit" button finally appeared in early June. I spent most of May revising and making sure everything looked good.

Best of luck!

and send your transcripts in May as well. And check to see if AMCAS received them. There is a tendency for things to go wrong with transcripts.

good for you...........definately have the personal statement rarin' and ready to go. that was the part that took me FOREVER to do, and I wish I would have completed it earlier!

good luck :hardy: