1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

Submitting application before or after mcat released?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by zdoc9, May 17, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. zdoc9

zdoc9

May 17, 2014
    My first mcat score won't be released until July 10th. Should I wait to submit my application until I receive my score, or should I get it in as soon as possible in June? (My GPAs not all that great, and I'm relying heavily on my mcat score). I also saw in the amcas manual that processing can take up to six weeks... so does this mean that schools won't receive my application until 6 weeks after I submit it to amcas?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gyngyn

gyngyn Professor Lifetime Donor Gold Donor SDN Moderator 5+ Year Member

Submit your AMCAS application to a "throwaway" school on opening day. Add appropriate schools when your score is known.