Submitting application with April MCAT score AND taking the August MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zuerst

Plutonium Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can one submit his or her application at say around June with April MCAT (score out around 2 months after?) and inform schools that they're planning on taking the August MCAT also?

I guess what I'm really asking is can one take and submit a higher August MCAT score if that someone already submitted an application with the April MCAT score?

Thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Yes. There's a box on the amcas that asks if you are planning on taking the upcoming August test.

Yes, there's a question on AMCAS that asks if you're planning to take the August mcat. if you check yes, though, they won't review your app until the august scores come out in october. if you check no, they'll go ahead and review your app with the april scores, but if they reject you and then you wind up getting a better score on the august test, you can't do anything about it.

For the record, you don't need to create all these threads. Everything's already been asked a million times. And in your case, the amcas website can tell you this info.

Members don't see this ad :)
Will med school send invites for interviews (before August score) based on the April score (if it's high enough) even if one informs them that they'll be taking the August MCAT also?

Thanks,

EDIT: Yeah should of searched, sorry if I'm cluttering up the forum...

Zuerst said:
Will med school send invites for interviews (before August score) based on the April score (if it's high enough) even if one informs them that they'll be taking the August MCAT also?

Thanks,
I think it depends on the school. Most will wait for your august scores, but some might go ahead and offer you an interview if your april score is good.

Zuerst said:
If it's high enough, yes. I had a friend who retook after getting a 28 (unbalanced), checked the Planning on Taking in August box, and he got an interview before August scores. His acceptance came after, though.