1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Submitting DAT scores early?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Sk8aBull, Mar 16, 2004.

1. Sk8aBull

Sk8aBull Should be Studying...
    7+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I'm 19... I will be taking the DAT this summer... and I will be 22 when I begin dental school. This summer marks the summer between my 2nd and 3rd yr of undergrad instead of b/w the 3rd and 4th year (when I hear most people take the DAT?)... so i'm not applying until NEXT june. I have a question... I realize that you can select which schools to send your scores to... Is is unadvisable to send scores to schools who do not even have your application yet? Or do they just go ahead and make you a folder there and consider you ahead of the game?

Thank you for your imput!

-Kristin

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. JRogoff

JRogoff Resident Palatal Phallacy
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    Go ahead and send them right in. Schools don't need your app. first, but do get it in as soon as possible. The 2005 cycle starts in 8 weeks, good luck!

4. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    Or, you could hang on to the scores and do nothing with them. Meaning, when registering for the DAT don't check any boxes of schools you want your scores sent to.

Then, when applying the following year, fill out the form that allows you to send your scores to additional schools.

The reason I mention this, is that I don't know whether or not schools will create a file for applicants that will be in the NEXT cycle. I think that after the 2005 cycle ended and the schools didn't receive an application from you, they'd probably just throw your scores away.

Does that make sense?