Submitting ERAS applications in November...too late?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doraxplorer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I have a little dilemma here. I originally applied to a set number of programs based on my budget for applications and travel, etc. As a result, I mainly applied to programs in one geographic region because that is what I'm most familiar with. I applied to a few in another region, but not all that caught my eye because I wanted to stay under my limit for # of programs to apply to. Now, recently I interviewed at a program at region #2 and absolutely loved it there! The residents seem very happy and I can totally see myself living in that area after visiting it for a few days. So now I want to apply to several other programs in region #2. I really regret not applying to more programs due to limiting my budget on application fees. In hindsight that was really stupid! But since it's already mid-November should I even bother submitting those applications now? Will the late submission be seen as lack of interest and my application thrown in the trash, even though the official deadline is listed as December 31st? Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

It absolutely cannot hurt to apply to more programs - it only costs more $. It might be tough to get an interview, but the worst case scenario is that they say no so you have nothing lost. I say go for it and if you get an interview or two then rock on.