Submitting my application while awaiting my 2nd MCAT score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lizzel115

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

So I'm working on my ACCOMAS application currently and would like to submit ASAP. I have a pretty decent application but took my mcat back in 2016 and scored a 493, its on my application. I'm retaking my MCAT September 19th. Is there any use in submitting my app before taking the MCAT for the second time, or will it hurt my chances? I have put on my application the upcoming date for my MCAT and my AAMC ID

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Everyone,

So I'm working on my ACCOMAS application currently and would like to submit ASAP. I have a pretty decent application but took my mcat back in 2016 and scored a 493, its on my application. I'm retaking my MCAT September 19th. Is there any use in submitting my app before taking the MCAT for the second time, or will it hurt my chances? I have put on my application the upcoming date for my MCAT and my AAMC ID
In your case I would not submit until you know you scored >500

There have been people who have gotten in with below 500, but it's definitely a risk. You could start your application, but it would be wise not to apply to all of your planned schools until after you make sure that you get a much improved score.